Monday, February 14, 2011

Key to My Heart Sugar Cookies

For spoken words are never as sweet as hearing a beating heart and knowing it loves you unconditionally.  How is it that a four letter word has so much power over how one can make you feel?  
LOVE

 Some say it's just a silly day and so it may be~ but call me silly for I'm in love.
Here's wishing you a happy heart.

So I'll keep this short and sweet just because I'm exhausted, but wanted to post my sugar cookies I made.  I've made a few different cookies, but till now haven't shared the recipe.  This batch I covered with the chocolate I used for the cake pops, I thought "why not" and they really are pretty yummy this way.  Not an overly sweet cookie- but just right.  Many have said my sugar cookies are the best, hope you enjoy if you whip up a batch.
He holds the key to my heart & in my heart he'll always have a place.  ~ unknown



Simply Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
1  cup  butter, softened
1  cup  sugar
1  teaspoon  baking powder
1/4  teaspoon  salt
1    egg
1  teaspoon  vanilla
2-1/4  cups  all-purpose flour
  
Directions

1. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 to 3 hours or until easy to handle.  Can be refrigerated overnight and brought out to room temp. Divide dough in 1/2.

2. Preheat oven to 375F. Roll each half of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness, on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with your desired cookie cutter. Place cutouts 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I like to use parchment paper)

3. Bake in preheated oven about 8 minutes or until edges are set. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool.

4. To store: Place uniced cookies in layers separated by pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, if frozen. If desired, spread and/or pipe icing on cookies.



I really need to work on my lighting for pictures... but it was either fuss with pictures or get ready for date night.  Date night won and we had lots of fun- can't pass up Chinese food and a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment